Boys Varsity Golf
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- Aug 28, 2019
- CHIEFS: MONACAN 32 - James River 28
When the VHSL realigned the classifications from three to six in 2013, it indirectly made the regular season for golf rather inconsequential. With no Dominion District Tournament at the end of the season, matches during the season only count for a mythical district championship. However, it also gave coaches the opportunity to play different types of matches.
Today was that day! Monacan traveled to Independence to take on the James River Rapids in match play. Each match was worth a total of 10 points ... one point for each hole, and one final point for the match. Each team split victories with three a piece, but the Chiefs had greater margins of victory in two of the wins thanks to Luke Neale and Tyler Tingen. The final score was Monacan 32 points and James River 28 points.
- Quint Dingldine d. Ben Stacy 6-4
- Brayden Latham l. Duncan Andres 4-6
- Luke Neale d. Nick Owen 7-3
- Ben Maxwell l. Reed Haske 4-6
- Tyler Tingen d. Jack Ford 7-3
- Claire Campbell l. Zack Wilson 4-6